Friday, February 7, 2014

5 on Friday!


Linking up with April & Friends for my favorite day of the week!

|| one ||
We have gotten almost 16 inches of snow this week. These things don't happen back to back in New York like they do in other places (honestly, I don't know how all of you mid-westerners survive!!!). I have literally been snowed in for half of the week. My poor little Jetta can't handle this snow & ice.

|| two ||

I had a great few days back from work after my vacation. Birthday Month continued into February with a delicious cake (vanilla cake & chocolate frosting -- my favorite), and the girls at work bought me a pair of sparkly Jack Rogers! I cannot wait for this snow to melt so I can sport those everywhere!

|| three ||
My Mama finally underwent surgery for her arthritic hip. For the last 4ish years, she has been struggling to walk, and was in serious pain. After being mis-diagnosed as a back problem, we finally got the answer we were looking for when a family friend recommended seeing her husband. Right away he saw what the real problem was, and x-rays confirmed that there was no bone left in the joint of her hip. Last night she received a total hip replacement, and we have finally begun the recovery process. I am so thankful that after only a few months we were able to get the correct diagnosis, and treat the problem. With her new hip, she will finally be able to enjoy the simple things in life (like a walk on the beach, not having to find the closest parking spot at concerts, walking the dog), and the new procedure that the surgeon did promises a quick recovery time with no restrictions! She will be able to walk on it right away and won't have to go to a live-in rehabilitation facility!!

|| four ||
THE OLYMPICS OFFICIALLY START TODAY!
When Mom's surgery was rescheduled to this week, she was beyond thrilled that during her time in the hospital she would be able to non-stop watch the olympics. I can't say that I blame her!!! I love watching everything, especially figure skating, skiing, curling, and hockey! Oh, and the bobsled, skeleton, and speed skating. Really all of it. What are your favorite sports to watch?

|| five ||
I am so excited to announce that this will be my last post here at Monograms and Margaritas! I have officially ended my relationship with Blogger and will be headed over to Wordpress on Monday morning. Once all of the design process is finished (only a few more finishing touches!!!), I will be sure to update y'all on the new url! I have already found Wordpress much easier to navigate, and I'll be able to do so many more fun things on there!

What are your favorite things on this sunny (FREEZING) Friday!?

No comments:

Post a Comment