Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I don't believe in resolutions: February.

|| february: running ||

Yikes.
I'm participating (I hesitate to say running because there is no way on this earth that I will be able to run 13.1 miles) in a half marathon t the end of the month with two of my best friends. I am looking forward to spending the weekend at Disney World wearing a tutu and a tiara, but the real goal of this is to get my butt into shape. If I can run the majority of the race (and by majority, I mean running every other mile), I will be a happy girl. Training really needed to be in full gear in December, but sometimes life gets in the way. I will be putting other priorities on hold during February for this goal. They say it only takes 21 days to form a habit, so that should be sufficient amount of time to set the tone for the rest of the year at the gym, right?

I'm hoping that by the time I return from Florida, I haven't scared myself out of running another half. I think I made an unwise decision with scheduling my first one in the middle of the winter so that my training months were plagued with frigid temperatures, snow, and rain. Treadmill miles are much harder to be motivated for, so looking ahead, I will aim for races at the end of the summer/early fall.

For now, I'll put in my headphones, and suck it up so I don't look like an idiot in Florida at the end of the month (well, once my back is better and I can breathe again...)

Someone please let me in on their secret to motivating themselves to hit the gym in the dead of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment