Tuesday, July 2, 2013

From My Kitchen...

After being on Weight Watchers all throughout last summer, I have learned to adapt some of my favorite recipes into healthy ones. Honestly, before I started the program, I was kind of terrified of Greek Yogurt. The consistency scared me, the taste was kind of bitter, and I just wasn't a fan. I had always tried recipes where the plain greek yogurt was used in a sweet recipe, but then I stumbled on this one that used it in a savory way.



Ingredients:
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375ยบ
Mix together Greek Yogurt, Garlic, Parmesan Cheese, and salt & pepper in a bowl.
Line glass baking dish with aluminum foil, and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
Cover chicken with Greek Yogurt mixture, and then cover with Panko Bread Crumbs.
Place in baking dish and bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown and the chicken juices run clear.

I love to serve it with green beans, broccoli, or peas and some brown rice.
My favorite part of this recipe is that it is the simpleness. It is easy to cook for two, or make it in larger batches for a group. Since it is baked, it is also super healthy.

From Our Kitchen To Yours

I'm linking up with Charlotte and Whitney!
Be sure to do the same and share your favorite recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment