Monday, July 1, 2013

(half) Marathon Monday!

So, on Friday night, I finally took the plunge and signed up for the Disney Princess Half Marathon with two of my best friends. I don't know what possessed me to finally pull the trigger. Maybe it was the promise that I wont be running alone. Maybe it was the concept of wearing a tutu and a tiara. Maybe it was because I haven't been to Disney World in a LONG time. I don't know, but it's done, and I need to get my booty in shape.


Luckily, RunDisney provides numerous training plans, tips, tricks, and secrets for the half-marathon novice. I'm hoping to squeeze in a mini vacation after this weekend as well, because I figure that I'll deserve it after running 13.1 miles (and finally getting one of those super awesome bumper stickers)!

This half-marathon seems to be one with a great environment, especially for a beginner.
From Disney;
Your Princess Half Marathon begins just outside Epcot and continues on to Cinderella Castle inside the Magic Kingdom® Park.  Be sure to wave to the Disney Princesses who will be lining the course and cheering you on your way.  After a run through Magic Kingdom Park, you’ll make your way back to Epcot along World Drive. After a trip past Spaceship Earth and out to World Showcase, you will complete your fairytale run with a finish line crowd cheering you down the home stretch! Exciting music and the presence of Disney princesses make for a storybook ending to an incredible half marathon."

I mean, Disney Princess cheering you on? Running through Cinderella Castle? Holy moly!
I am certainly excited (and thoroughly terrified) for this weekend in February!
Are any of YOU running in this half-marathon!?

*be sure to link up with Carissa to share your Miscellany Monday thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment