Monday, December 2, 2013

December Goals!

Working retail during the holidays is rough. The hours are insane, there are so many unhealthy temptations just lying around, and with tons of social commitments, sleep is definitely not a priority. I want to take this month to keep myself healthy, mostly so that I can make it to the end of the year without being deathly ill.


|| one ||
Christmas Shopping (and budgeting) done by mid-month.
There is no reason to leave Christmas shopping to the last minute, and I certainly have enough people to shop for. I have a rough list already made, so I just need to budget out the gifts and actually buy them.

|| two ||
S T A Y  H E A L T H Y
Pretty self-explanatory. I plan on pre-planning my meals at work, and am in the process of joining a gym. If I can combine that with getting somewhat regular sleep (no less than 6 hours/night), then I should make it to December 31st unscathed.

|| three ||
Get aggressive on the Half-Marathon training.
This is no joke. I have my flights booked, and I really can't look like an idiot (ha, in my tutu) with two of my best friends probably way more prepared than I am. Hopefully goal two (joining that gym) will motivate me more to move my butt than getting outside in these frigid temperatures.

|| four ||
Enjoy the holidays.
For the last 3 years, work has taken the fun out of taking a step back and actually enjoying the Christmas season. I'm determined to not be a Scrooge this year. I want to be excited about baking cookies, decorating the house, watching Elf incessantly, spending time with my family, and wrapping gifts.

My November goals weren't so bad. Here's how I did with those...

|| one ||
Establish a Routine.
Eh. I have different routines based on which shift I work, but I have definitely been better about getting to bed at the same time each night, and waking up around the same time each morning. 

|| two ||
Read 3 books.
CHECK!
I finished "How to Eat a Cupcake," read "Catching Fire" for a 2nd time, and just finished "Divergent," also for the 2nd time. 

|| three ||
Save half of each paycheck.
CHECK!
I have double in my savings account than I did at the beginning of the month! Yay for being a smarter shopper!

|| four ||
Christmas shop early.
Well, I have a list, but I keep checking it and checking it and checking it before I commit to buying anything. There are just so many fun presents that I want to buy, and I have to decide what makes the most sense.

How did you do on your goals?
What goals do you have for December?

No comments:

Post a Comment