Friday, November 29, 2013

Colorful Friday.

{via}
By the time this posts, I will have been at work for a few hours servicing all of the crazies that have been shopping since they put away their dinner plates from Thanksgiving.

Working retail has put a whole new perspective on Black Friday and all that it entails. While my company does not refer to the day after Thanksgiving as Black Friday, but Colorful Friday, sometimes, it certainly feels Black. Almost like these people are mourning the start of the holiday season. The shoppers are rude, only looking for the best deals (I'm sorry, Louis Vuitton, Neiman Marcus, Lilly Pulitzer, and Lululemon are not going to have doorbuster sales), and it seems as though everyone who walks through the door is miserable.

I have to ask the question; if you are so miserable, why are you out shopping? Shouldn't you be spending time with family and friends, watching football, and stuffing your belly full of delicious leftovers? I know that I am lucky that my store is not open on Thanksgiving, but plenty are. If we as consumers stopped going to these stores at ridiculous hours, they would certainly not be open. The deals may seem appealing, but is a new television more important than an extra day with family? I certainly don't think so!

Black Friday shoppers are probably my least favorite of them all. Throughout the holidays, I'll have my fair share of miserable people, but nothing beats sleep-deprived, deal-hoarding customers.

So, I have to ask, what are you shopping for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment