Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans!

Sami's Shenanigans

This weekend can be described in one word; shenanigans. 

Friday I worked until late, and then headed home to get to bed for a full day of fun on Saturday. Mom and I started off with a mani/pedi and prepping food for our Rascal Flatts tailgate.

On the menu? Deviled eggs (that we forgot to make... whoops), Buffalo Chicken Bites, Pepperoni Rolls and S'mores cookies.

After solving the dilemma on what to wear (finally decided on this top and these shorts), we loaded up the car and headed to Hartford. The sun was shining, we scored a tailgate spot pretty close to the venue, and the food was delicious! What could be better?

Cassadee Pope opened the show, followed by The Band Perry, and finally Rascal Flatts took the stage. I have been waiting 7 years to see these guys in concert and I was not going to let anything ruin that night! I even tweeted and my tweet showed up on the big screen next to the stage (now I'm obviously famous)! They played all of their hits, and it was just perfect. Mom and I even cried during their rendition of "I Wont Let Go." It was a real cute bonding moment.

We didn't get home from the show until after 1:30am and I hit my bed hard. I slept straight through until 11am when I got up and picked up breakfast for the family for Father's Day. We watched the U.S. Open, laughed, and ate a big dinner. It was early to bed since I was still super exhausted, and I knew I had a long week ahead of me.

What did YOU do this weekend?
Link Up with Sami and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment