Thursday, January 9, 2014

I Don't Believe in Resolutions: January.

I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions. In my history, I've only once followed through with mine, and I didn't even start it until April. I honestly don't see how anyone can wake up on January 1st and decide that their life will undergo a huge change less than a week after Christmas. Call me crazy, but between Christmas and my Birthday, I have zero motivation to get off my butt and not eat carbs.

I have found that writing out my goals on a monthly basis makes them seem more attainable, and that I can break them down to be manageable. No one likes to bail on their resolutions, so this year, I have set out one goal per month that I'd like to focus on. 

|| january: organization ||
I have made lists upon lists of things that I need to clean/organize/renovate to fit my current living needs. I have already cleaned out bookcases, trunks, and bins in my closet and plan on tackling my bathroom later this month. I also want to take this time to get all important dates/appointments into my planner. Being organized also serves as establishing a daily routine. I have been much better about turning off electronics before I get into bed, and reading for an hour (which in turn has helped me sleep so much better). Starting off the year organized will certainly set the tone for the rest of the year.

Here are the things that are going to help me stay organized and on track;
{source}

{source}



Do you set goals for each month?
What are you trying to focus on in January?

No comments:

Post a Comment