Thursday, November 14, 2013

Baked: Toasted Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Bars.

I have finally gotten the urge to bake back (maybe it's not so great for my waist line), and after perusing my faaaaaaaavorite foodie blog (Annie's Eats), I came across this recipe that looked absolutely perfect to make on a Sunday afternoon.

Toasted Marshmallow Cookie Bars.
I mean, do these not scream FALL COMFORT FOOD!?

The recipe I used was adapted from Annie's Eats, but I did make a few changes.

Here is my adapted recipe;

Ingredients:
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 sticks butter (16 tbs) at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
3 tsp vanilla extract

How to make them;
Preheat oven to 375 and grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients (including marshmallows & chocolate chips).
In a large mixing bowl, combine butter & sugar, and mix until light and airy.
Mix in the egg and vanilla.
Slowly add the dry ingredients until they are combined. Dough will be sticky, and the consistency of a sugar cookie.
Press dough into baking dish until evenly distributed.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and when inserted, a toothpick comes out clean.
Let sit for a few hours before cutting and serving (if you can wait)!!

What are your favorite fall sweet recipes!?

No comments:

Post a Comment