Monday, November 25, 2013

Miscellany Monday.

Guys, I had the weirdest weekend ever.
Like, I am still laughing at what an epic disaster it was.
Okay, maybe Friday was really what killed me, but I went from having a jam-packed two days, to literally zero plans whatsoever.

It all started Friday morning when I put my pants on backwards. At 6:30 in the morning. I knew that my day was headed nowhere fast, but I finished getting ready and headed on my merry way. I was working in our Greenwich store (again) and had to meet one of the managers to pick up a key to the store at a nearby hotel. It took me an hour and a half to get to the hotel, which already put me a half hour late for work. The pouring rain and freezing temps didn't help much either.

By the time I finally reached the Avenue, parked, and walked up to the store, I already felt defeated. Little did I know that one of the other managers had given me the wrong alarm code for the store. Basically by 10am I had set off the alarm and the cops were trotting through the front door trying to figure out why I was breaking in.

Fantastic.

I also decided that it was a great idea to wear my Tory Burch Revas for a 2nd day that week, which I never do. By 6pm, my feet were bleeding, swollen, and I was just so cranky that I needed to get home ASAP. Thank goodness I had the weekend off.

Half of my plans ended up falling through for Saturday and Sunday (which ended up being a blessing in disguise). I had a leisurely lunch with Kristen to celebrate her birthday, and passing the NY BAR exam, and then treated myself to a mani/pedi with my Momma (and finally getting After School Boy Blazer). We made dinner, and I snuggled on the couch by the fire to read Catching Fire for the second time.

Yesterday I slept in until after 10:30 (I never do that anymore), and was utterly worthless for the remainder of the day. I don't think I got off of the couch for any extended period of time except to make meals, poke the fire, or walk the dog. I finished Catching Fire, got a little early Christmas shopping done, and finally relaxed. I certainly needed a low-key weekend like this, and I'm thankful that I could get some rest heading into a very busy week at work!

Please tell me that y'all had a more exciting (in a good way!) weekend than me!


No comments:

Post a Comment