Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Traditions.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays in the world. The traditions, the family, and of course the food just make me smile. On a typical Thanksgiving, we've got 20+ family members smushed into the dining room fighting over a seat at the kid's table. This year, only 8 of us will gather around the table and stuff our bellies full, but I am sure that it will be just as amazing.

It will start tonight with cleaning the house, having a dance party, and probably a few pizzas. With everyone home from school, work, etc., there will be no lack of noise in this house. Tomorrow morning we'll watch the parade, make some breakfast cocktails, and get cooking in the kitchen. With football in the background, and the turkey in the oven, this has got to be one of my favorite parts of the day. The part right before true chaos ensues, and I have to look presentable to the family (leggings were the greatest thing to ever happen to Thanksgiving).

The family will arrive, the beer pong tournament will begin, and so will the feast. Maybe some Christmas pictures will be snapped, but there will definitely be an abundance of laughter. The night will end early for me seeing that I'll be at work by 7 on Friday, but that will certainly not stop me from having one last slice of Pumpkin Pie before I hit the hay!

What are your favorite Thanksgiving traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment