Thursday, November 7, 2013

November Goals.

October was an epic fail at reaching any sort of goals that were set. I can blame it on going on vacation, working crazy hours, finally having a social life again, but that still doesn't change the fact that some of these things need to get done. I mean, I'm running a half marathon in February, and I can barely run 2 miles straight. Not okay.

After September, I think that my October goals were unrealistic. I seem to think that just by putting them on the internet, that will generate the motivation to actually achieve them. Clearly, I am wrong about that. Putting them out there just makes me feel worse when they're not done.

This month I want to focus mainly on doing things that make me happy. Last summer while I was doing Weight Watchers, I was happy. I was refreshed, energized, and able to work harder than I ever had before. November is back to basics.

|| one ||
Establish a routine.
It only takes two weeks to get into a routine, and I need to start easy. Getting in bed at a decent hour and reading for a while will make me sleep much better. With more sleep, I'll be able to wake up refreshed and ready to take on the day.

|| two ||
Read 3 books.
In October, I read 3 and started a fourth. I find that I sleep so much better after only 30 minutes of reading per night. I've got a long list of books on my "to-read" shelf on GoodReads that I'd love to make a dent in!

|| three ||
Save half of each paycheck.
With the impending holiday season, and hopefully a move in the near future, there is no reason to be spending a ridiculous amount of money on unnecessary things.

|| four ||
Christmas shop early.
With Thanksgiving falling so late this year, I have a feeling that the holidays are going to creep up really fast. My goal for the first half of the month is to make a list of the perfect gifts for the fam, just so that I have enough time to get them all together and wrapped by Christmas.

What are your goals for November!?

No comments:

Post a Comment