Monday, November 11, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans: Besties Edition

Whenever I sit down to write these posts on Monday mornings, I always wish that I had taken more pictures throughout the weekend. Oops.

After a crazy week last week, I couldn't have been more thankful to have the weekend off. The timing was perfect, and I was so excited to be able to coordinate a bestie weekend revolving around Hokie Football, serious girl time, and entirely too much vodka.

We met in Greenwich on Friday night, picked up some dinner, and were in bed so early (#grandmastatus) knowing that we had a long day (aka HUGE FOOTBALL GAME) ahead of us. Early Saturday morning we had bottomless coffee, and ran errands until my bank account was seriously hurting (and I finally snagged this sweater at 10% off)! I even made it home with a brand new TV for my bedroom, and have finally been able to organize the disaster that was my room.

Saturday afternoon we baked these Cookies & Cream Rice Krispie Treats for the game. They are amazeballs, and actually turned out just like the picture on Pinterest;


Yum.

By the 7pm kickoff, we were more than anxious and ready for the game to begin. The weather in Miami looked like a typical Blacksburg day, and we knew that it would work to our advantage. There was so much screaming and yelling at the TV, but my Hokies played the best game of the season. The defense was practically flawless, and for the first time in a long, long, long time, so was our offense. No turnovers. No huge mistakes. I haven't been this happy with our performance in a while! We ate way too much pizza, drank way too many fruity drinks, and were utterly high on life by the time the game clock hit zero.

I love college football.

We topped off our night by snuggling in my bed watching replays from the game.
Does anyone else do that? Please, someone reassure me that this is normal behavior...

What did you do this weekend!?
Head over to Sami and Carissa's blog and link up!
Sami's Shenanigans
lowercase letters

No comments:

Post a Comment