Monday, May 6, 2013

A Trip to Mystic

For the first time in quite a few weeks, I had a Saturday off. This is a rare occurrence, and I knew I had to take full advantage. I headed out to the boyfriends house on Friday after work. These beauties were waiting for me when I got there (isn't he the best!?) 


We passed out early so we could make the best of the day.  Over coffee, we booked a long weekend trip to DC at the end of the month and started planning all of the super fun things we can do (hello, I want to play tourist like it's no one's business)! P has never been to DC, and neither one of us has taken Amtrak, so it should definitely be an adventure!

After brunch, we headed to Mystic to explore the Aquarium and the Seaport. The weather was perfect. Mid 70's and sunny. We could not have asked for a better day!

The Mystic River
Crew teams getting ready for their races
After walking around for hours, we had worked up quite the appetite and headed to dinner at Latitude 41º. We were celebrating a mini anniversary, so this was the perfect place to do so. I only wish the patio had been open so we could have enjoyed dinner on the water. Maybe next time!


After dinner we headed to the bakery, picked up some fudge, and headed home. I was one sleepy girl after playing tourist all day and certainly welcomed a movie and low-key night in (I did have to work early sunday morning after all...).

I could not have asked for a better day off!
What did you do this weekend!?

No comments:

Post a Comment