Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fifteen // A Day In The Life

Day Fifteen: A Day In The Life

Because my work schedule is so crazy (and I could be closing one day, opening the next, working crazy hours the day after), I try to keep myself on as much of a schedule outside of work as possible. I try to get into bed at the same time every night, and wake up around the same time in the morning. While the stuff in the middle gets all mixed up day by day, it remains pretty consistent week by week.

What does a typical day look like in my life?

6:30 am Wake up call! Even earlier if I am trying to get to the gym before I open the store (yes, I have motivational quotes set to get me out of bed)!.

6:45 am (if I'm opening) 8am if I'm closing - Actually get my butt out of bed, make coffee, eat yogurt, and make my to-do list for the day



9:30am - 6:30pm work work work. Live my life in pink and green. Around 2pm take a break and grab some froyo if it has been an especially long day.


6:31 pm Get my butt in the car and go home. Jam out to my playlist of the week.


7:15 pm Get home, immediately take off bra (#sorrynotsorry) and put on yoga pants. Hair goes in a pony, and makeup comes off. Once I'm home, there is no going back out again.


7:30 pm Cook some sort of delicious dinner. My favorite lately has been chicken, broccoli, and brown rice. I could eat that all day long.

8:15 pm Catch up on blogs, write my post for the next day, watch Big Bang Theory incessantly. I have a problem.


10 pm Walk the dog for the final time with Daddy

10:07 pm Pick out outfit for work the following day, pack gym bag, make sure my room is clean. I can't fall asleep if there are things out of order. #OCDproblems


10:20 pm Get ready for bed, and read on my Kindle. Maybe turn the TV on if something fun is on, but not usually. I like my quiet time.

11 pm Set alarm, lights out, pass out. Get ready to do this all again tomorrow.

What does your daily routine look like?

2 comments:

  1. I love the Big Bang Theory! I completely understand the crazy schedule of retail after working it every summer for 3 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are some early morning alarms!! My days recently have been just like this - get up, gym, work, eat, sleep. Why is growing up so boring??

    ReplyDelete