Wednesday, May 1, 2013

One // The Story of My Life


I have seen this floating around the blog world today, and with hopes of developing this blog, I thought it would be fun to join in.
Day One: Story of your life in 250 words or less.
I was born in January to my wonderful parents, in a suburb of New York City. They gave me a brother when I was three, and packed up and moved to the "country" before I started Kindergarten. In Elementary and Middle School I pretended I could dance, play field hockey, and basketball. None of which are my strong suits.
I couldn't get through High School fast enough and proved that I was ready for bigger things when I took a leap of faith and went to college 650 miles away at Virginia Tech. During my freshman year I experienced euphoric highs (the magic of college football, rushing/pledging my sorority) and horrible lows (the infamous campus shooting). I would not be the person I am today if it were not for the path I took as a Hokie. I majored in Psychology, which turned out to be a one way ticket to grad school (for a degree that I didn't really want).
After taking a part time job at one of my favorite retailers, I decided that I would put grad school on hold and see where life could go. While I'm not 100% happy in my current job, it pays the bills and allows me to still live with my fab roomies (hi, mom & dad)! For the last 3 years they have put up with my shenanigans and because of that, I am forever grateful. I currently have the most wonderful boyfriend who puts up with my crazy schedule (i.e. I can't remember the last time I had a weekend off), and my endless retail rants, but still loves me anyway.
Now, I'm living my life one day at a time just trying to figure out what to make of it!

1 comment:

  1. So glad I can keep up with your life from a million miles away. Sending you lots of love sista!!
    LICO

    ReplyDelete